Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Good news/Bad news... and espresso!

Damn, I love Chicago.

Some of my all-time favorite clients call this city home-- and don't they make me feel right at home every time I'm here?

This morning I get to see a charming example of old-school sexy... the man George Clooney wants to be when he grows up. Later, a creative young type who always makes for an interesting interlude. The next few days are punctuated with the anticipation of new friends and the warm glow of getting to know older friends all over again.

I'm sorry to say I had one regrettable cancellation so far- a 2-hour date on Wednesday afternoon. Darn business trips, don't you hate them? After all, what does London have that I don't? OK, Big Ben. But after that, it's close.

On the other hand, I had a lovely surprise when an old friend called yesterday. I can't wait to say hello with a delicious kiss.

And finally, when I woke up early this morning (I'm still on eastern time!) I explored my neighborhood for a decent cup of Joe. Voila! It's amazing how a little espresso makes everything hum.

No comments: